July 15, 2013
We are a small ice cream business that specializes in handmade, farm-fresh ice cream. We are in the midst of our busy summer season and find we need a few more folks on our team to finish out the summer (and fall) with us! We are looking for people who are passionate about ice cream, local business and customer service. In return for your efforts, you’ll be paid (minimum with tips and up depending on position, responsibility and tenure), you’ll earn sick time, you’ll get to eat some delicious ice cream, and you’ll make people happy.
- Are reliable and responsible. You show up when you say you will, you can handle money, you can think on your feet.
- Can work with little supervision (most shifts you’ll be working solo)
- Are good with people and use your strong communication and customer service skills to make them happy
- Can go with the flow and make do when you face challenges
- Can do basic math accurately and quickly
- Can lift up to 50 lbs
- Have a clean driving record and can provide a copy of your Oregon DMV driving record to us before starting work (this is required in order for you to drive Scoop vehicles. Certain positions may not require it)
- Are accessible via email, text and phone
- Will be in town for most or all of the rest of the summer
- Want to work and are available for at least several shifts a week, both weekday and weekend
- Are willing to pick up additional shifts when needed; may be sent home if not busy on occasion. Flexibility is a requirement for all team members.
- Have your food handler’s card
- Can provide at least two professional references who can attest to your abilities and experience
We have a few seasonal positions available in the kitchen and as scoopers at our carts, events, catering and farmers markets.
Ice Cream Maker: Best suited for people with kitchen backgrounds, who are fast prep cooks and used to a busy, sometimes hot kitchen. Generally these are 10-hour days. We will be hiring 1-2 support staff and one kitchen manager who will be in charge of production and ordering, in consultation with the owner.
Ice Cream Slingers: For our three retail locations (storefront and food carts) or at farmers markets. Typically working alone, you’ll be in charge of taking orders and serving ice cream and espresso drinks (in SE) to customers while providing excellent customer service and acting as a cashier for the business (receiving accurate payment and giving correct change). All this needs to happen fast and with a smile. If you’re working a farmers market, you will be responsible for the entire market process: stocking up, getting everything to the market site using our vehicle, setting up, sales, then breakdown and return. These are full-day positions which are a lot of work, but are rewarding and fun too.
You might be asked to do other jobs, like take on a runner shift to restock our carts and pick up supplies. If you have office background, we might have some work helping us out with catering requests and data entry.
To apply, download the Scoop application (Word doc) and send it along with your resume as soon as possible to jobs at scooppdx dot com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. WE NEED PEOPLE ON BOARD QUICKLY! Please send in your application at your earliest convenience. We will be interviewing and hiring within the next week.