We are a small ice cream business that specializes in handmade, farm-fresh ice cream. We are looking for people who are passionate about ice cream, local business and customer service who want to work with us during our busy summer season. In return for your efforts, you’ll be paid (minimum and up depending on position, responsibility and tenure), you’ll earn sick time, you’ll get to eat some delicious ice cream, and you’ll make people happy all summer long.
- Are reliable and responsible. You show up when you say you will, you can handle money, you can think on your feet.
- Can work with little supervision (most shifts you’ll be working solo)
- Are good with people and use your strong communication and customer service skills to make them happy
- Can go with the flow and make do when you face challenges
- Can do basic math accurately and quickly
- Can lift up to 50 lbs
- Have a clean driving record and can provide a copy of your Oregon DMV driving record to us before starting work (this is required in order for you to drive Scoop vehicles. Certain positions may not require it)
- Are accessible via email, text and phone
- Will be in town for most or all of the summer
- Want to work and are available for at least several shifts a week, both weekday and weekend
- Are willing to pick up additional shifts when needed.
- Have your food handler’s card
We are filling the following positions for our 2013 season:
Ice Cream Maker: Best suited for people with kitchen backgrounds, who are fast prep cooks and used to a busy, sometimes hot kitchen. Generally these are 10-hour days. We will be hiring 1-2 support staff and one kitchen manager who will be in charge of production and ordering, in consultation with the owner.
Ice Cream Slingers: For our three retail locations (storefront and food carts). Typically working alone, you’ll be in charge of taking orders and serving ice cream and espresso to customers while providing excellent customer service and acting as a cashier for the business (receiving accurate payment and giving correct change). All this needs to happen fast and with a smile.
Market Staff: You’ll have regular shifts at farmers markets throughout the week/weekends. You will be responsible for the entire market process: stocking up, getting everything to the market site using our vehicle, setting up, sales, then breakdown and return. These are full-day positions which are a lot of work, but are rewarding.
Operations Manager: We will hire one manager who will work closely with the owner and help oversee general day-to-day operations. This person may be responsible for scheduling staff, stocking locations, talking to wholesale clients, filling in on shifts when needed and much more. This person will have management experience and strong leadership skills. You will need to communicate with staff, owners, and customers to ensure that everybody’s needs are met. Potential for longer-term employment.
We also have a busy catering season planned. Both market staff and ice cream slingers will be asked to work our catering events as they happen.
While many positions will be seasonal, the most outstanding employees will be asked to stay on past summer.
To apply, download the Scoop application (Word doc) and send it along with your resume to jobs at scooppdx dot com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis through April and May. Some positions start immediately and others will be available in late May.