May 28, 2014
We are a growing ice cream business that specializes in handmade, farm-fresh ice cream. We are looking for people who are passionate about ice cream, local business and customer service who want to work with us during our busy summer season. We are still looking for more ice cream makers!
Ice Cream Maker: Best suited for people with kitchen backgrounds, who are fast prep cooks and used to a busy, hot kitchen. Generally these are 10-hour days. We will be hiring 2 support staff to work with the kitchen manager in 3-4 production days a week to produce all the frozen desserts we sell through retail and wholesale avenues. To excel at this job, you:
- Work hard and fast – you are production-oriented.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Can do basic math accurately and quickly.
- Are a helpful and resourceful team member. You anticipate the next tasks and start them without being asked.
- Are committed to cleanliness and adhere to food safety standards.
- Will be in town for most or all of the summer.
- Have or can get a food handler’s card.
- Can provide at least two professional references who can attest to your abilities and experience.
While many positions will be seasonal, the most outstanding employees will be asked to stay on past summer.
To apply, download the Scoop application (Word doc) and send it along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis. Positions start immediately.