12/9/14: Hi everyone! We have a big announcement. From now on, I will be stepping away from the business I founded, and Sean Sitton will be taking the reins. Sean is absolutely committed to the quality of our ice cream above all else. I have no doubt that he will bring a lot of creativity and energy to the business while keeping all our most popular flavors available. You can still find us at SE 50th and Division all winter and several farmers markets next season, and the website will be updated with all the pertinents.
I personally want to thank all of you for all of your support over the past 5 years. I’ve returned to my former profession as a city planner for the City of Portland, which over the past year has led to my time with Scoop being more limited. I’m so grateful another soul has stepped forward to take the reins and make this the business I know it could be. I have truly enjoyed all of the wonderful customers, employees, fellow food cart owners and farmers market vendors that I’ve had the pleasure to get to know and work with. You all have been amazing and I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything! I’ll see you at the carts (yes, I will still be a customer).
– Amanda Rhoads
Just as many of your gardens are probably using all of this sun to push up new shoots, Scoop has found new energy in this sunny weather and have lots of new growth to tell you about.
Rose City Food Park: Our biggest news is that our second truck now makes its home at Rose City Food Park on NE Sandy between 52nd and 53rd. We’ve currently got evening hours and all-day weekend hours there, and are happy to join the other great carts in this lovely, neighborhood pod. Also, they have a parking lot! Directly to the west of the pod.
Berry Farm Yogurt in Tigard: We’re finally available in the suburbs! Greg at Berry Farm Yogurt is scooping up a dozen of our delicious flavors now. They are in the Greenway Town Center next to the Subway (and close to where the new Whole Foods is going in)
Good Neighbor Pizzeria: Good Neighbor Pizzeria in the Dekum Triangle is going to have our pints and ice cream bars starting today! Drop by for that delicious combination of pizza + ice cream.
Farmers Markets: It’s market season! You can find us every week at the Hollywood Farmers Market, Buckman Farmers Market and every other week at the Moreland Farmers Market (including May 14, opening day!)
It’s ice cream season – find us at the many locations above as well as our more standard locations that you can read about on the Where to Find Us page. Enjoy the sun! 5/13/14
It’s sunny! It’s warm! It’s time to get that food cart open more days! While you’ll definitely see some familiar faces this season, we’ve still got lots of open positions for this summer, including a new Production Manager and Operations Manager. Read all about the available positions on our Jobs page at www.scooppdx.com/jobs. April 7, 2014.
Wow! Every year we get more and more catering requests to scoop up some of our delicious ice cream at weddings, parties, corporate events and more. We already have catering gigs lined up for most July and August weekends!
If you’re thinking about hosting a party and want to add some sweet frozen treats to the menu, fill out the form on our catering page. We’ll work with you to figure out what services will be best for your event, which cart or truck would match your venue, and we’ll come up with an estimate for you within a couple of days. We look forward to chatting with you about your event! Jan. 7, 2014
11/30/13 – “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” We think the holidays are a great time to enjoy ice cream. For one thing, it doesn’t melt on you like in the summer heat. For another, there are so many wonderful flavors to incorporate into new ice cream flavors. We’ll see some old favorites back – Peppermint Stick, Rum Raisin, Cranberry Orange Walnut – as well as some new holiday concoctions involving gingerbread, spiced drinks and more.
You can pick up an ice cream pie for your holiday table through Christmas. Our current flavors are Pumpkin, Caramel Apple and Sweet Potato Pie. Bourbon Buttered Pecan pie will be making an appearance soon.
Also, as you are looking for fun gifts, consider a Community-Supported Ice Cream subscription. Fresh new flavors delivered to your door monthly!
Happy holidays to you all – we hope your month is filled with fun gatherings with family and friends, and made sweeter with some ice cream from Scoop!
9/27/13. The autumn rains have come sooner than we would have hoped! Due to predicted record-breaking rain and wind this weekend, Scoop will not be attending the Hollywood Farmers Market. The Montavilla Farmers Market has been cancelled due to the weather, as has Sunday Parkways in SW Portland. We are closing our cart for Saturday and Sunday, September 28 and 29th as well. We WILL be at North Station with Handsome Pizza from 12-8 on Saturday, so catch us there (and take advantage of the indoor seating) if you still have a hankering for ice cream.
When we reopen in SE, you can expect:
- Brownie a la mode – A warm, house-made brownie with a scoop of ice cream on top. $5.
- Brownie sundae! A warm, housemade brownie with ice cream and two toppings for $6.
- Mocha Floats and Hot Chocolate Floats. Hot + Cold = Yum!
- Our seasonal favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip is back!
And so much more. We can’t wait to see you!
We live it. We breathe it. We are surrounded by ice cream, and we love it! Here is a taste of some new flavors we’ve created this summer:
- ¡Churro Sabroso! This cinnamon-y ice cream takes its cues from the classic fried doughnut-like treat popular in Spain and Latin America. While there are not actual doughnut pieces in the ice cream, there are some nice chewy bits which bring out the churro flavor along with a swirl of chocolate syrup, reminiscent of the hot chocolate you might dip your churros into in Spain.
- Stoller Pinot with Dried Cherries. We worked with Stoller Family Estate earlier in the year to pair their famous pinot noir with dried cherry chunks to make a smooth ice cream with pops of flavor.
- Chocolate Rosemary. Either smooth or with lemon-rosemary shortbread cookie chunks, this ice cream is a heavenly marriage of deep, rich chocolate and fragrant fresh rosemary.
- Mexican Chocolate Icebox Cookie. I recently fell in love with these tasty little cookies that are served frozen and with a bite of spice to finish up. We amped it up a bit by surrounding the cookie chunks with spicy chocolate ice cream that soothes and burns a little, all at the same time.
- Lemon Sorbet. This classic flavor is now for sale, along with a half dozen others, at Local Choice Produce Market in the Pearl. Sweet, tart and refreshing, this sorbet will get you through the hottest of days.
Come visit our cart at SE 50th and Division or our walk-up stand at N Killingsworth and Greeley to try more of our delicious new flavors!